Bodyweight Training Q and A

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I rec'd an email from a reader asking a
ton of questions about Dinosaur Bodyweight
Training.

Does it have exercise progressions?

Can you combine bodyweight training and
weight training?

Will it build muscle mass?

Will it build strength?

How does it compare to other books and courses
on the market?

Now, every time one person asks a question, it
means a thousand people have the same question.

So I thought I'd answer his questions by sharing
an email I received last week from Steve Fink.
Steve ordered the Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
book along with a set of seven DVD's that cover
all the different exercises in the book.

Please note -- I don't have an order page for
the bodyweight DVD's yet -- but if you're
interested, shoot me an email and I'll tell
you more about them and how to grab them.

Anyhow, here is what Steve had to say:

"Hi Brooks-

I reviewed the DVD set along with the Bodyweight
Book.

This is easily the best bodyweight program I have
seen. I am 55 and have been training since my teens.
Because of older injuries, I no longer train with
heavy weights. I have since used bodyweight
routines almost exclusively over the last several
years. I am quite familiar with a great many sources
available. Most are quite predictable with the
same stale routines and exercises, including
jumping jacks and burpees, and emphasize reps
over strength.

Your program is a treatise on the topic -- it has
become my Strength Bible. There is a tremendous
foundation of knowledge. The text is concise and
easy to follow. The photos and references to the
strongmen of old is a great addition reflecting
your respect for the roots of the strength
culture.

The DVDS are well made and easy to follow. Your
"run through the wall" motivation is a welcome,
ever present feature throughout. It's obvious
you enjoy what you do.

The exercise progressions are the most numerous
and detailed I've seen. There are several
exercises I was not familiar with -- this makes
for a most refreshing change from the mundane
that is all too prevalent out there. I have
found several progressions harder than some
of the typical standards (even harder than
one arm pushups). There is enough here to
challenge the strongest athlete for an
entire career.

Besides the obvious emphasis on promoting
strength, you have included a holistic
segment which is as important (especially
for the older trainee). The neck and low
back routines are golden.

In all, this a stand-alone masterpiece.

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Steve Fink"

Steve -- Thanks for your detailed review
and feedback. Writing a book as long and
detailed as Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
is hard work (and so were those seven DVD's).
Feedback like this makes it all worthwhile.
The whole idea is to write books and courses
that help people -- and it sounds like this
one is doing the job for you!

To everyone else -- If you had any questions
about Dinosaur Bodyweight Training, I hope
Steve has answered them! (The only one he
didn't cover was whether you can combine
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training with weight
training -- and the answer is, of course
you can. Combining weight work and body-
weight work is no different than combining
barbell training and dumbbell training.)

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Go here to order your copy of Dinosaur
Bodyweight Training -- and remember, if you're
interested in the DVD's, shoot me an email:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. My other Dinosaur Training books, courses
and DVD's are available here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Whether you train
with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, sandbags,
or bodyweight exercises, the keys to success are
always the same: hard work, concentration, focus
and progression." -- Brooks Kubik