More Training Goals from Your Fellow Dinosaurs!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We’re getting tons of great feedback from the Dinos about their current training goals. These are pretty interesting – as well as inspiring and impressive. Your fellows Dinos have been kicking you know what and taking names – and making some great gains.  

I’ll post some of the responses today – and post more tomorrow. Enjoy them – and remember, when you run with the Dinos, you run with some seriously impressive, hard-training strength and muscle monsters!

1. GREAT PROGRESS AND MUCH MORE TO COME!

“G'Day Brooks,

I'm a 41 year old 90 kg (198 pounds) Dinosaur with a dicky back. I've only been training for about 7-8 years, and before I found and read Dinosaur Training I was a 70 kg (154 pound) fool with no idea of how to train.

I was:

1. Unable to bench press 50 kg (110 pounds)

2. Unable to shoulder press a curtain rod

3. Unable to curl a can of beer, and

4. Unable to deadlift.

But thanks to you, things are different. I've now got my goals set out and they are above the fridge where I see them every day:
 
1. 1 set x 20 reps x 115 kg (252 pounds) bench with a 75 mm bar

2. 1 set x 20 reps x 160 kg (352 pounds) Trap Bar deadlift

3. 1 set x 20 reps x 100 kg (220 pounds) shoulder press with a 75 mm bar

4. 1 set x 20 reps x 90 kg (198 pounds) curls using a 75 mm bar

5. Staying around the 90 to 95 kg (198 to 209 pounds) bodyweight mark.

Am not there yet but getting closer and am hoping my age and late start to
training doesn't beat me before I get there.

Keep up the good work.

M. F.
Australian Dino”

2. A SIMPLE AND LONG TERM TRAINING GOAL!

“My goals are fairly simple and long term:  to keep working with as heavy a weight as I can for as long as I can. I've been a gym rat for 14 years and have no plan of stopping unless health interferes.  At a quite fit and healthy 36-years-old (nobody believes I'm that old. – ha, ha!) and working out Dino-style 3 days a week now, I have to think of what I want to look like at 40 . . . 45 . . . .50  . . . and 50-plus. That’s enough to keep me going strong.  I couldn't see living any other way.  Weightlifting changed my life and hopefully will continue to do so. 

H.D.”

3.  HE BECAME A STRONG MAN COMPETITOR!

“Since I began reading Dinosaur Training and training Dino style in January 2011, I have gotten stronger and bigger than ever before. I had always had a fascination with the world's strongest man competitions, but thought I couldn't do it. But, since I have been Dino training, I wanted to enter a competition and I competed in my first competition on July 28th! I placed 4th in my weight class. I didn't win, but I did compete! Next goal is to place 1st! Thanks for the tools and motivation to get there!

D. J.”

4. CHASING A WORLD RECORD!

“One of my goals is to set a world record someday!

Thanks to your research, I have the opportunity to set an open class world record with the IAWA/USAWA in the left handed snatch with a dumbbell!

Another goal is to push press a 160-pound dumbbell, using an adjustable DB bar with a 2" thick, rotating handle. I have recently hit a PB of 141.5 pounds!

J.B.”

5. BODYWEIGHT X 100 REPS!

“My current short-term goal is lifting my bodyweight (80 kg – 176 pounds) for 100 reps in one set at stiff-legged deadlift, with a rounded-back style, to condition my entire back for better performance at wrestling.

I have been working on it for a month now and I am progressing very well. Last week did 45 kg for 100 reps under 5 minutes. Can't wait to hit 50 kg this week.

Wrestling Dino”

6. ITALIAN DINO CHASES SOME HEAVY IRON!

“My goals are:

1. 150 kg (330 pounds) in bench press

2. 180 kg (396 pounds) in full squat

3. 250 kg (550 pounds) in deadlift

4. 130 kg (286 pounds) in overhead press

5. 60 kg (132 pounds) in one arm dumbbell clean and push press

6. 60 kg (132 pounds) in dumbbell swings

That's all, thanks Brooks!

Italian Dino”

7. AUSTRALIAN DINO PACKS ON SOME MAJOR MUSCLE MASS – AND WANTS MORE!

This year’s goals, for 2012, is to reach 250 pounds, with 18" arms. I am within
reach of both goals, at 248 pounds and 17 3/4". As always, progressive workouts on
a simple, basics focused routine will get me where I want to go. After all, it's got
me this far over the years.

Australian Dino”

8. A HEAVY DUMBBELL GOAL!

My lifting goal is:

100 lb. dumbbell clean and press 5 x 5 each arm by Dec 31 2012.

I'm currently at 67.5 lbs so the timeline is pretty ambitious given the progression I'm using. I may make the deadline, or I may not -- but I *will* make the lift. I'm having a lot of fun working toward it.

D.D.”
Those are all great goals – and they show us several very important things:

1. Dinosaur Training works.

2. Dinosaur Training is fun.

3. Setting a challenging and demanding goal makes you work harder and heaver – and makes your workouts a heck of a lot more fun!

4. Dinos are mentally tough. When they set goals, they don’t kid around. They CHALLENGE themselves.

5.  Dinos nail themselves to their goals with grim determination – and they keep on working until they achieve them!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S.  You can find Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength and Development and my other books and courses – and DVD’s – right here at Dino Headquarters:


P.S. 2. This one is new – we’re still in the middle of our big pre-publication special, but the little monster is going to be GREAT:


P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: “One of the secrets is to challenge yourself. Set high goals – and work to achieve them!” – Brooks Kubik