An Important Question to Ask Yourself!

 
Going strong at age 60 - after more than 50 years of strength training.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Here's a very good question to ask
yourself:

"Why did I start strength training?"

It's important, because the answer helps
you tap into the burning desire that got
you started.

At the beginning of every Iron Game success
story you find something that happened --
something that needed improvement -- a
problem of some sort -- something that led
to a lifelong passion for strength training.

For me, it was severe childhood asthma.

When I was a kid, I had terrible allergies,
and even worse asthma.

I remember the nights when I lay in bed
wheezing uncontrollably and gasping
desperately for breath.

I remember the family doctor telling my
parents that there was nothing he could
do to help me.

That I would always be weak and frail.

That I was too sick to play with the other
children.

That I would not be able to play sports or
outdoor games.

That I should stick to indoor hobbies like
reading, stamp collecting or building
model planes.

But at age nine, I read a book about Teddy
Roosevelt, and I learned -- to my great
astonishment -- that Teddy Roosevelt
had suffered from severe childhood
asthma that was very similar to mine.

But he licked it.

How?

His father set up a small home gym in
an extra bedroom -- and Teddy began
training with weights, pulleys, and
Indian clubs.

And over time, the exercise program
made him bigger, stronger and
healthier.

He ended up becoming an all-around
athlete and a rugged outdoorsman. He
boxed, rowed, canoed, sailed, rode
horses, camped, hunted and even
owned a cattle ranch. During the
Spanish-American War, he formed
the famous Rough Riders unit
that stormed up the steep slopes
of San Juan Hill to win a decisive
victory.

He went from invalid to hero -- and
it was exercise that did it for him.

That's what got me started -- and
even now, more than 50 years
later, I can remember the burning
desire to be healthy and strong --
and how it motivated me to start
training.

And just thinking about it keeps me
going -- and keeps me focused on
that early goal of building strength
and health.

So ask yourself the question:

"Why did I start strength training?"

It's an important question. The answer is
your personal key to strength training
success.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it
a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dinosaur Training has helped tens of
thousands of trainees build more strength,
muscle and power than they ever imagined.
Go here to grab your copy of the little blue
book they call "the Bible of Strength
Training":

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and
links to all of my e-books on Kindle -- are
right here:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "The seed of
greatness lies deep in all of us. The trick
is to find it." -- Brooks Kubik