The Forgotten Man

 
Hitting it hard back in my mid to late 40's. I'm 60 now, and still hitting it hard - and my workouts are more fun than ever!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Peary Rader, the founder and (for 50
years) editor of the original IronMan
magazine had a special term for older
trainees.

"The forgotten man."

Why did he use that term?

Because back then, if you were over the
age of 40, the muscle magazines, books
and courses -- and everyone who wrote,
edited or published them -- forgot
about you.

It was as if you didn't exist after age 40.
That's still the case today. In fact, it's
probably more true than ever.

And it's not that they forget about you.

They give you bad advice.

Case in point.

A gym owner recently suggested that a
60 year old Dino should start training
three hours a day, six days a week, to
"take it to the next level."

Really?

How long do you think THAT program is
going to last?

And how long before our 60-year old ends
up with massive over-training -- or a bad
injury?

John Grimek trained right up until the end of his life - using squats and dumbbell presses as his mainstays.


Not to mention that he won't be able to
work his job, live a normal life, and stay
married if he starts to spend 20 hours
a week in the gym. I know I couldn't
do it.

Older Dinos understand what I'm talking
about. As you get older, you need to
change what you do.

That doesn't mean you have to stop
training.

Far from it. As you get older, training
becomes more and more important.

But you need to do it as effectively
and as efficiently as possible.

I know. That's because I'm one of you.
I, too, am one of the Forgotten. I'm 60
now, and that means I do things differently
than when I was 20 or 30 -- or even when
I was 40.



Hitting some old-school, retro snatches at Dino Headquarters. At age 60, I focus on ground-based training and old-school workouts.

But I still train. And to tell the truth, my
training is more fun than ever before. And
I'm going to keep on doing it for a very
long time.

But still -- it gripes my goat to see the
nonsense that older trainees have to
contend with.

So I've done several things to try to even the
score for the Forgotten Man (or Woman).

I wrote Gray hair and Black Iron -- a book
that covers effective training for older Dinos
in detail -- and gives you over 50 different
workouts for older trainees:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

Two years ago, I did a terrific mini-course
for older Dinos -- with a brand new workout --
and it's available in PDF format with immediate
electronic delivery:

http://www.brookskubik.com/minicourse_01.html

And last but not least -- each issue of the
Dinosaur Files newsletter covers effective
training for older Dinos -- and gives you
real life, real world workouts used by your
fellow Dinos. It's the stuff no one else ever
covers -- but it's standard fare for the Dino
Files.

For example, the December 2015 issue of
The Dinosaur Files features part one of a
four-part series on effective lower body
training for older Dinos - with advice,
ideas, feedback and suggestions from
more than 50 older Dinos. Where else
are you going to find that sort of
information?

You can grab the December 2015 issue
of the Dinosaur Files right here -- and like
the mini-course, it comes to you with
immediate electronic delivery:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_december2015.html

Older trainees may be forgotten everywhere
else. But they're not forgotten here -- and
they never will be!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I almost forgot - we also cover training for older Dinos in my new Q and A course:

My new course is available right here in the Kindle bookstore: http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html


Knowledge is power.