What's Your Favorite Exercise?

We have 23 books in the Kindle bookstore. This the latest one. You can grab it right here: http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html



Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I thought I'd start the day with a question
for the Dinos.

Send in your answer, and I'll share the
results with the Dino Nation.

Here's the question:

What's your favorite exercise -- and why?

And while you're thinking about it, I'll
share my answer.

1. My favorite exercise has changed over
the years. Of course, that's to be expected,
since I've been training for over half a
century.

2. I've always enjoyed virtually every
exercise I've ever done, so at any point
in time I've had a number of favorite
exercises.

3. In picking a favorite exercise, I look
at how much I enjoy performing the
movement -- and also at how it makes
me feel immediately after I finish -- as
well as how it makes me feel later in
the day and the next day.

Old-school split snatches are fast, fun and effective.


4. And, of course, I look at the results
the exercise gives me.

5. It's hard to pick just ONE favorite
exercise!

6. Past favorites have included bottom
position squats and bottom position
bench presses  -- as well as seated
presses on an 80 degree incline
bench, which I also performed
bottom position style.

a. These were probably the best strength
and muscle mass movements I ever did.

7. One hand barbell snatches were a
favorite once.

8. So was the barbell clean and press.

9. And the one-hand dumbbell swing.

10. Ditto for some of the advanced pull-up
variations in Dinosaur Bodyweight Training.

11. Along with handstand push-ups and
some of the other push-ups covered in
DBT.

a. And the one-hand barbell deadlift.

b. The farmer's walk.

c. Sandbag and barrel lifting.


d. Heavy partials in the power rack.

e. The seated press behind neck.

f. Heavy barbell curls.

g. The Trap Bar deadlift.

g. And the list, as they say, goes on and
on.

Having fun with one of my favorite exercises.


12. My current favorites are snatches,
clean and jerks, high pulls, and front
squats.

a. I love the feel of these movements.

b. And I love how I feel when I finish a
hard workout built around these
exercises.

c. And I love the way they make me
feel -- as in, strong, healthy and energized.

And my favorite is -- I honestly don't
know.

Probably one of the four movements I
currently do -- or all of them.

That's not a definitive answer, but it's the
best I can do. And it may very well change
over time.

But in any case, let me know what YOUR
favorite exercise is. So give it some
thought, and fire in an email.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You'll find some terrific exercises in
Dinosaur Dumbbell Training and in
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training. Who
knows -- they might end up being your
new favorites!

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses --
including links to all of my e-books on
Kindle -- are right here at Dino
Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Exercises are
like friends -- choose them wisely."
--Brooks Kubik

Whatever your favorite exercise, life is better when it includes regular workouts.