John Grimek's 10 Exercise Bodybuilding System

John Grimek edited Muscular Development magazine for many years - and always offered plenty of old-school bodybuilding advice to his readers.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

When I was a kid, John Grimek edited
Muscular Development magazine.

He had an editorial in every issue - and
a couple of regular columns, including a
question and answer column which I
read religiously - along with everyone
else who subscribed to the magazine.

Over the years, I noticed Grimek give
the same two pieces of advice to his
readers over and over again.

I'm going to share them, but before I
do, let me note that this was advice for
guys who were interested in bodybuilding.

So don't take it as strength training
advice. Grimek had different advice
for strength and power training - and
I'll share that with you another time.

Anyhow, the first piece of bodybuilding
advice was this:

Don't overtrain. Do only enough work for
any particular muscle or muscle grioup to
pump it up - and then do one more set
for good measure - and then move on
to a different muscle or a different
bodypart.

The second piece of bodybuilding advice
was:

It is better to do one set of 10 different
exercises than to do 10 sets of one
exercise.

In other words, instead of doing 10 x 10
in one particular curling exercise, do 10
different curling exercises for one set
each.

I never tried that, in part because I was
doing Reg Park's 5 x 5 system - and in
part because I was more interested in
training for sports than for bodybuilding.

And also, because I couldn't think of
10 good exercises for each muscle
group.

And to tell the truth, I didn't think it
would work. (Note that this was 11-year
old Brooks discounting advice from John
Grimek - but hey, we were all young
once, and when we were, we thought
we knew everything!)

Anyhow, it's 50 years later, and I still
have never given it a try.

So here's my question to the Dino
Nation:

Did YOU ever read this advice and give
it a try?

And if you did, how did it work?

Shoot me an email and let me know -
and I'll pass it along to your fellow
Dinosaurs.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it
a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We're not out of stock yet, but we
are starting to get low on Strength,
Muscle and Power - and I'm not going
to reprint the little monster.

So if you want a copy, grab it now:



http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: 

"Read, study, experiment, and learn."

-- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: