Try This for Big Gains!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Many of you have asked about the Grimek
course. I am running a bit late with it
because I keep finding more and more great
info to add. I'm going to finish the little
monster today and get it to the printer first
thing tomorrow -- and I'm aiming to start
mailing copies on Friday or over the weekend.
It will depend on how fast the printer can
get them done.

I had wanted to drop the little monster in
the mail last week, but as I said, I am
running late because I'm trying to work in
more than I had originally intended. So the
bottom line is, the course will be even
better than planned.

The Dinosaur Files newsletter is also
running late -- I'll get that finished as
fast as I can, but I need to finish the
Grimek course first.

On the training front, I wanted to share
something I've done for many years. I don't
remember if I read about it, or just started
to do it -- although I later learned that
George F. Jowett recommended it and John
Grimek used it (and recommended it).

It's a way to do power rack training without
a power rack. There are different ways to do
it, so I'll give you several options. They all
work very well -- and they'll all trigger BIG
GAINS in strength and development.

Here's what you do.

Let's say you're working on the press.

Option 1

Finish your set of presses and as you lower the
weight, pause and hold it for several seconds --
then lower it some more, pause and repeat. If
you're really strong, try three pauses as you
lower the bar.

Option 2

After your regular presses, load more weight on
the bar than you can press and do a set where you
lift the bar an inch or two off your chest -- and
then hold it for as long as possible. Lower and
repeat.

Option 3

Pause and hold the bar motionless on each rep of
your regular sets of presses. You can pause at the
same point on each rep or at a different position
on each rep.

A quick safety note: Do NOT do this on squats or
bench presses unless you are using a power rack
or safety bars set to catch the weight at the
bottom position. Otherwise, there's too much
risk of getting pinned under the weight.

For more detail about this type of training --
and other old school strength and power building
secrets, grab a copy of Dinosaur Training and a
copy of Strength, Muscle and Power:

1. For Dinosaur Training, go here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

2. For Strength, Muscle and Power, go here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

Anyhow, give it a try, and let me know how you like
it!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day.
If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can reserve your copy of the new John Grimek
training course right here:

http://brookskubik.com/johngrimek_course.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Look for ways to make
your training harder, not easier." -- Brooks Kubik