Looking Ahead to the New Year!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Like many of you, I'm looking ahead to the
New Year.

In other words, I'm sharpening my pencils
and scribbling notes on paper as I outline
my workouts for the coming year.

Most people think about "resolutions" for
New Year.

I don't.

I think about training programs.

With the right training program, good things
happen.

Of course, the right program starts with the
right kind of goals. You start by establishing
your goals for the coming year, and then you
design a program to achieve them.

What do I mean by "the right kind of goals"?

The right kind of goals are:

1. Realistic, but challenging.

2. Difficult, but not impossible.

3. Not too hard, and not too difficult.

4. Objective and measurable.

a. Poundage goals or other performance
based goals are best.

5. Easy to put into words, such as:

a. I want to press my bodyweight.

b. 300/400/500.

c. I want to gain 20 pounds of muscle.

e. I want to lose 30 pounds of flab.

f. I want to set a new state record in the
squat.

g. I want to close the No. 2.5 gripper.

h. I want to ______________________ .
[Fill in the blank -- it should fit into the space
provided.]

6. No. 5 is important because you need to
internalize your goal and burn it into your
heart and mind.

a. You do that by thinking about it --
visualizing it -- repeating it -- or writing
it on notes.

b. You can't do any of those things if your
goal takes 10 pages to put on paper.

And most importantly --

7. Your goal needs to be something that
motivates and inspires you.

a. It has to be YOUR goal -- not someone
else's goal.

b. It has to be something you truly want
to achieve.

c. It has to be something that you will work
toward for the entire year -- not something
that will hold your interest for a week or two,
and then you bounce to something else.

Goal-setting empowers you.

Harness the power -- and make 2017 your
best year ever.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. The Dinosaur Files monthly newsletter will
help keep you focused on your training and on
achieving your goals for 2017. Start with the
Nov-Dec 2016 issue  -- it's available right
here with immediate electronic download:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_novemberdecember2016.html

P.S. 2. We also have back issues of the Dinosaur
Files available in PDF editions - beginning with
December 2015 and moving forward from
there. The information is timeless, and you'll
definitely want the whole set. Look for the
links under the PDF products section at our
Products Page:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. You can find my other books and
courses right here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Set your sail for 
the far horizon and steer a course to great
accomplishments." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************