What's Your Favorite Exercise?

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk
iron.

1. The Dinosaur Files

We have a combined November -
December issue of the Dinosaur
Files that's just about ready to
launch in PDF format. It should
be ready today or tomorrow. Be
looking for the link.

2. Christmas Orders

It's getting close to Christmas - so
get those orders in so we can get
your books and courses shipped to
you. We want to be sure they get
there in time for the big day!

3. What's Your Favorite Exercise?

I thought I'd start the day with a
question for the Dinos.

What's your favorite exercise -- and
why?


And while you're thinking about it, I'll
share my answer.

1. My favorite exercise has changed over
the years. Of course, that's to be expected,
since I've been training for over half a
century.

2. I've always enjoyed virtually every
exercise I've ever done, so at any point
in time I've had a number of favorite
exercises.

3. In picking a favorite exercise, I look
at how much I enjoy performing the
movement -- and also at how it makes
me feel immediately after I finish -- as
well as how it makes me feel later in
the day and the next day.

4. And, of course, I look at the results
the exercise gives me.

5. It's hard to pick just ONE favorite
exercise.

6. Past favorites have included bottom
position squats and bottom position
bench presses  -- as well as seated
presses on an 80 degree incline
bench, which I also performed
bottom position style.

a. These were probably the best strength
and muscle mass movements I ever did.

7. One hand barbell snatches were a
favorite once.

8. So was the barbell clean and press.

9. And the one-hand dumbbell swing.

10. Ditto for some of the advanced pull-up
variations in Dinosaur Bodyweight Training.

11. Along with handstand push-ups and some
of the other push-ups covered in DBT.

a. And the one-hand barbell deadlift.

b. The farmer's walk.

c. Sandbag and barrel lifting.

d. Heavy partials in the power rack.

e. The seated press behind neck.

Note: Loved these when I was young -
but don't go near them now. They're
too hard on the shoulder joints.

f. Heavy barbell curls.

g. The Trap Bar deadlift.

g. And the list, as they say, goes on
and on.

12. My current favorites are snatches,
clean and jerks, high pulls, and front
squats.

a. I love the feel of these movements.

b. And I love how I feel when I finish a
hard workout built around these exercises.
c. I also love the way they make me feel --
as in, strong, healthy and energized.

And my current no. 1 favorite of them all
is -- I honestly don't know.

Probably one of the four movements I
currently do -- or all of them.

That's not a definitive answer, but it's the
best I can do. And it may very well change
over time.

But in any case, let me know what YOUR
favorite exercise is. So give it some
thought, and fire in an email. I'll share
the best responses or a summary of
them -- unless the consensus is lateral
raises, pec dec pumpers and concentration
curls -- although that doesn't seem likely.
After all, if you're reading this, you're a
Dinosaur!

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You'll find some terrific exercises in
Dinosaur Dumbbell Training and in Dinosaur
Bodyweight Training. Who knows -- they
might end up being your new favorites!

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters -- along with links
to my PDF courses and e-books on Kindle:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Exercises are
like friends -- you should choose them wisely."
--Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************