My New Old Friend

 
Hitting 440 pounds in a partial push press in the power rack. Fun times in the original Dino Dungeon.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Yesterday was a Red Letter Day here
at Dino Headquarters.

My stepson came over and helped me
set up my new power rack.

It's a big one - industrial strength - so
it was definitely a two-person job.

I haven't had a rack for a long time now,
and I'm looking forward to having some
great workouts with the new one.

I had a nice rack before, but I sold it to
a friend when Trudi and I downsized,
sold our house and moved in 2015.

I had some great workouts on that
rack, and I'll have some great work-
outs on the new one.

I found the new one by accident.

Trudi wanted to look for some kettle-
bells, so we went over to a Play It
Again Sports store not too far away
from us  . . .

and I walked inside . . .

and there stood THE RACK.

I walked into the Play It Again Sports store - and there it was!

 It's old school - heavy - strong- thick -
and just the right color: black iron.

And it was a great price.

So even though we don't have the best
possible place for it - and even though
I wasn't looking for a rack - I grabbed
it.

I had to.

I didn't want to leave it for someone
who might use it as a curl rack.

Anyhow, the rack is set up and ready
to go now.

I'm going to be doing a lot of the Bone
Strength exercises that John Wood has
covered in his Bone Strength Project.

I'll also be doing some of the old-school
power rack workouts that I cover in so
many of my books and courses, including:

Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of
Strength and Development

Strength, Muscle and Power

The Dinosaur Strength Training
Archive,
Vol. 1

I'm looking forward to it - and I think
that doing some specialization work for
my bones (as well as my tendons and
ligaments) is probably a pretty good
idea at age 61.

Bones, tendons and ligaments help
keep you strong - and keep you
straight - meaning that you stand
tall, with good posture - and that
you move freely and athletically.

Strong and straight is a good thing
at any age - but it gets better and
better (and ever more important)
with every passing year.

And training for strong bones is how
to get there.

Anyhow, my old friend is back - and
I'm looking forward to some great
workouts together.

As always, thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I mentioned a number of terrific
resources about power rack training
and Bone Strength workouts.

You can find them right here:

The Bone Strength Project

John Grimek used an early form of Bone Strength Training when he was a young man - following a program devised by George F. Jowett. John Wood's Bone Strength Training Project follows in the footsteps of these giants.
 

https://www.oldtimestrongman.com/bone-strength-projectPDF.html

Strength, Muscle and Power



http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of
Strength and Development



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

The Dinosaur Strength Training
Archive, Vol. 1



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_archive.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
here at Dino Headquarters - including
links to my PDF courses and my Kindle
books:

Hard-copy and PDF



http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle



http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day:

"Build your body from the inside
out - beginning with your bones."


- Brooks Kubik




BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: