Straight Talk for Older Dinos

As an older Dino (age 61), I don't do any funky-monkeys when I train - and neither should you!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk iron.

1. The John Wood Report

The John Wood Report is a terrific little
newsletter - available in a downloadable
and printable PDF - and it has some great
training tips and terrific exercises in it.

Go here to grab the little monster:

https://www.oldtimestrongman.com/johnwoodreport-01.html

This has been a big hit, and I'm sure
John is going to be doing more of these
bite-size reports. It will be fun to read
them during the coming year.

Shoot me an email after you read it - and
let me know how you like it!

2. The February Dinosaur Files



Go here to grab the February issue of The
Dinosaur Files strength training newsletter
in a downloadable and printable PDF format:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur-files-february2018pdf.html

Also - you can grab the Oct, Nov, Dec and
Jan issues right here:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html

I'm working on the March issue right now,
and we'll be getting it out very soon. Be
looking for it!

3. Straight Talk for Older Dinos

My standard advice for older trainees isn't
very fancy or exotic.

In fact, it's pretty darn simple.

Simple exercises, simple workouts and
simple progression systems.

That's because simple works best - and
because simple is safest - and because
if you're an older trainee, you don't have
50 or 60 years to screw around and finally
figure out what really works.

You need to focus on what gives you the
most bang for you buck.

So when you see my training advice for
older Dinos, don't be surprised if it's
simple, basic and old-school.

Similarly - and this is very important in
the modern era of social media - don't
expect me to teach you funky new
exercises that no one has ever seen
or done before.

Or things that someone made up purely
for social media attention.

I'm not here to get likes, clicks, hits, and
shares.

I'm here to help you achieve your goal
of life-long strength and health - and to
teach you how to have fun, effective and
productive workouts at any age.

And I'm confidant that we can make it
happen.

I know that simple works best because it
works best for me.

It also works best for many Dinos around
the world.

And it's been working great for them ever
since the early 1990's, when I was writing
regular articles for Stuart McRobert's Hard-
gainer magazine.

So if you're looking for stuff that works -
real world, no nonsense training advice -
you'll find it here.

If you prefer squats on roller skates super-
setted with inverted chainsaw curls - for
20 x 50 at 7/3/10 speed - with retro-gravity
non-weighted bunny hops and funky-monkeys
on your off days - then I probably can't help.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You won't find any funky-monkeys in
Gray Hair and Black Iron
- but you will
find the best training advice ever for older
Dinos:



http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters - including
links to my PDF courses and my Kindle
books:



Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle



http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day:

"You can do the silly stuff or you can do
the stuff that works - the choice is yours."


- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: