Which Was Your Favorite?


If you're my age or older, you probably grew up reading many of the old-school muscle magazines. And you may even remember some of the articles you read in them. They were good reading - and they bring back some great memories!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

If you're my age or older, you probably
grew up reading the old-time muscle
magazines.

In fact, you may have read them so
many times that you pretty much
memorized your favorite articles.

I know I did.

To this day, I can still remember some
of the exact words I read in articles by
Peary Rader, Bradley J. Steiner, John
McCallum, and others.

Heck, I can remember Arnold Schwarz-
enegger's very first words when he
arrived at Los Angeles International
Airport way back in 1968 or 1969.

I read it in a muscle magazine -
and today, almost 50 years later,
I still remember it.

"Vut did I do?"

You see, Arnold had just won the
NABBA Mr. Universe Contest, and
Joe Weider had talked him into
coming out and training in LA -
and Arnold was bigger than King
Kong but spoke even less English.
Dick Tyler and Gene Mozee are
supposed to go meet him at the
airport - but LA traffic was just as
bad then as it is today - and they
run late.

So here's 250 pounds of very young,
very green Austrian Oak, and he's
walking around the airport with a
couple of great big, old-fashioned
suitcases - and he can barely read
or speak English, and he has no
idea where to go.

And some guy bumps into him.

It's a small bump.

Arnold doesn't even feel it.

But the other guy is mortally
offended.

He jumps back, raises his fists, and
starts in on the big greenhorn.

"Hey, man - you BUMPED me! What
are you gonna do about it?"

"Vut did I do?" asks Arnold.

"You KNOW what you did! And
now you're gonna get it!"

"Vut did I do?"

And the guys starts moving in and
waving his hands kung fu style, and
it's gonna go down in about two
seconds.

And at that moment, Tyler and Mozee
come running in, and see what's
happening, and rush over to try
to prevent any mayhem.

"What's going on?" asks Tyler.

"This guy bumped me! Nobody
bumps me!"

And Tyler says:

"I don't know what happened, but
here's something I do know - if this
man had bumped you, you would
have stayed bumped."

And he looks up at Arnold, and across
the breadth of his shoulders - and the
other guy steps back and does the same -
and realizes that he just tried to pick a
fight with a man who has more muscle
than a silver-back gorilla.

"Uh, yeah - uh - right," he mutters.

And he slithers away, looking for some
elderly woman to mug.

Like I said - I read it almost 50 years
ago. And i still remember it.

There's a lot of great reading in the
old-time magazines. A lot of great
training advice, as well. And plenty
of great photos.

Trudi and I are moving to the Pacific
Northwest pretty soon, and I need to
clear out as many of my duplicate
magazines as possible. So I'm selling
old copies of Iron Man, Strength and
Health
, and Muscular Development.

And other magazines.

Old books and courses, too.

Even some old equipment.

Here's a partial list of some of them -
check it out and see if anything looks
like fun - or if anything brings back
old memories:

List No. 9

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2017/08/rare-old-strength-magazines-list-no-9.html

List No. 8

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2017/08/list-no-8-more-great-books-and.html

List No. 7

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2017/08/list-no-7-rare-books-and-magazines-from.html

List No. 6

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2017/07/list-no-6-rare-strength-books-and.html

List No. 5

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2017/07/rare-strength-training-books-and.html

I also have complete sets of Strength
and Health for almost every year from
1938 through 1970 - as well as some
partial sets - and some complete or
nearly complete sets of Iron Man
from the 1950's through the 1980's.

If you're looking for something, shoot
me an email.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik