Answers to 20 Training Questions!

John Grimek used to spend plenty of time answering training questions. I do the same thing - and I hope to  keep on doing it for a very long time!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I don't know about you, but I happen
to like training questions - and answers
to them from someone who knows what
he or she is talking about.

I used to read John Grimek's answers to
training questions when I was a kid.

Those were pretty darn good.

Ditto for Peary Rader's answers to training
questions - and Brad Steiner's.

So I'm doing a series of training courses
where I answer questions from Dinos
around the world.

We just released course no 2 in the series.

It's a good one.

It includes answers to 20 questions
covering a wide range of topics:

1. Weight training and glaucoma.

2. Special advice for a hardgainer.

3. When and how to switch to a new
program.

4.  Abbreviated workouts and balanced
training programs.

5. Are you a squatter or a deadlifter?

6. How to avoid going stale.

7. How can I incorporate heavy awkward
objects into my workouts?

8. Training advice for a 75-year old
Dino.

9. What are the best assistance exercises
for the press?

10.  How many work sets would be better
for an older powerlifter?

11. Training cycles and lay-offs.

12.  How many days rest should an older
trainee take between workouts?

13. What do you think about extremely
brief, daily workouts?

14. Which do you recommend: full range
movements or short, fast partial movements?

15. You seem to focus much more on
strength training than on bodybuilding.
Why is that?

16.  How to keep training after knee
surgery.

17.  Something new for strength and
muscle mass.

18.  Which is better: the one-dumbbell
press or the two-dumbbell press?

19.  Tracing Dinosaur Training back to
Saxon and Sandow.

20.  Can women do Dinosaur Training?

Vol. 2 in the series is available in your
choice of hard-copy or PDF with
immediate electronic delivery.

Go here to grab the little monster:

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool-qanda.html

If you already have a copy, please shoot me
an email and let me know how you like it!

And, of course, feel free to submit a
training question for vol. 3 in the series.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik