Last Night's Workout

I love outdoor workouts on cool, crisp, Autumn evenings. When you're finished, you feel terrific!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Three quick notes, and then we'll
talk training.

1. The Bone Strength Project

John Wood has detailed his unique
Bone Strength training program -
which is proven to be effective by
DEXA scans - in issue no. 4 of the
Train Hard Bulletin. Go here to
grab it:

https://www.oldtimestrongman.com/bone-strength-projectPDF.html

This is a very unique program -
and well worth investigating.

2. The Old School Strength
Q and A

Go here to grab volumes 1 and 2
in my Old School Strength
Q and A series:

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool-qanda.html

Vol. 1 gives detailed answers to
15 questions from Dinos around
the world - and vol. 2 answers 20
training questions. Each volume
also has several killer workouts
in it. Tons of info you won't
find anywhere else.

3. Dinosaur Training Books on
Kindle

We have a ton of books and
courses available in the Kindle
bookstore. Go here to check
them out:

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

Remember, you do not need a
Kindle device to read Kindle
books. Amazon has a free app
that you can download, that let's
you read Kindle books on any
device.

4. Last Night's Workout

This is one of my favorite times of
the year for training. It's anywhere
from crisp and cool to downright
cold.

So I bundle up in several layers,
throw on an old knit hat (the kind
Sylvester Stallone wears when he
does roadwork in one of the Rocky
movies), slap my hands together a
couple of times, and say to myself:
"Let's do it!"

Then I set up the outdoor training
area at Dino Headquarters. That
means sweeping away the leaves
and the twigs - moving the stall
mats out of the garage, and then
moving the barbell and the plates
of the basement.

Getting set-up is a good pre-warm-
up warm-up.

Then I do the real warm-up. It lasts
about 15 minutes or so. When it's
hot, I do a 10 minute warm-up, but
I add 5 minutes when it's cool or
cold.

And then I train.

Last night I did split style snatches.

As always, I started light and worked
up slowly and steadily, focusing on
speed and perfect form on each lift.

I do three to five singles at each
weight in my progression. So the
whole workout is a long series of
singles.

I rest about one minute between
sets.

I don't time it. It just works out to
about one minute. Sometimes a bit
more if I add weight before the next
set.

I film each rep. After the set is over,
I watch the lift on video, looking at
my form, and focusing on things I
can do to make the next lift faster,
smoother and more explosive.

Last night's workout took about an
hour and 15 minutes - and when it
was finished, I felt GREAT.

There's nothing like a hard workout
on a cool, crisp Autumn evening to
perk you up and get your blood
moving.

I put the weights away, moved the
stall mats back into the garage,
locked up, and went upstairs.

Trudi had dinner ready when I
walked in the door.

That was a bit of a surprise, but
hey, I'll take it.

After all - I earned that dinner.

As always, thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train
today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Chalk and Sweat has 50 different
workouts for Dinosaurs. Go here to
grab a copy:

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: 

"There's nothing like that great
feeling after a hard-hitting Dino
workout.
"

-- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: