Rainy Day Workouts

 
It's raining cats and dogs today - and it will stay that way all day long - so today's workout will be squats down in the basement.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes and then we'll talk
iron.

1. The Old-School Strength Training
Q and A


Do you have volumes 1 and 2 in
my Old School Strength Training
Q and A series?

If not, you can grab them right
here:

Vol. 1 in my Old-School Strength Q and A series has been a big hit - and so has vol. 2!


http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool-qanda.html

And remember, there's a special bonus
with vol. 2 - a copy of the October 2017
issue of The Dinosaur Files newsletter.

2. Back Issues of Strength and
Health


We still have some six issue sets of
Strength and Health magazine
from the 1940's.

The November 1940 issue of Strength and Health - with rugged Louis Abele on the cover.

They're $60.00 plus s&h for each
set.

Old issues of Strength and Health
are a gold-mine of training advice -
and they give you a very clear
picture of what a man can do
for himself with nothing but a
barbell, dumbbells and squat
stands - as well as showing you
what old-fashioned, drug-free
muscular development looks
like.

If you're interested, shoot me
an email.


The outdoor lifting area at Dino Headquarters. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done.

3. Rainy Day Workouts

If I had my druthers, I'd be outside
doing snatches or clean and jerks
this afternoon - training in the out-
side lifting area at Dino Headquarters -
a/k/a some heavy rubber mats on the
drive-way behind our duplex.

I train there because I much prefer
to train at home - alone - where I can
focus and concentrate on what I'm
doing.

I do overhead lifting outside because
the garage floor slopes and has a big
drain in the middle - and the ceiling
in the basement is too low for over-
head lifting.

Rubber mats on a driveway are not
ideal, but they're not too bad.

You can do quite a bit with a minimal
amount of equipment - and you can
have a lot of fun doing it.

Anyhow, as I said, my preference
would be to train outside today and
do overhead lifting.

But it's raining cats and dogs right
now - and it's supposed to keep on
raining all day long - so I'm going
to stay inside and do squats in the
basement.

The indoor training area at Dino Headquarters. It's amazing what you can do with a minimum amount of basic equipment and a relatively small place to train.


I have my squat stands set up and
ready to go - right next to the old
beater bar I use for squats - and
next to the wooden plate-holding
frame my stepson Dan built for me
as a Christmas present a couple of
years ago.

So I'm all set.

Barbell, basement, lifter.

Is it perfect?

No - but it's pretty darn good.

And I'm looking forward to it.

Wherever you are, I hope you're
thinking along similar lines - and
getting ready to make the most
of each and every training day -
including the rainy days!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more details about why
I train at home - and for more
about making your workouts
fun and effective in adverse
circumstances, take a look at
chapters 14 and 25 in Strength,
Muscle and Power:

I'm not sure how many great workouts and training programs are featured in this book, but I know there are lots of them!
 
http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

 P.S. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day:

"Rain or shine, hot or cold, keep
on training."


- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: