Hitting It Hard at Dino Headquarters!

The outdoor lifting area at Dino Headquarters.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I've had several questions about
my current training and what I'm
doing, so I thought I'd give you a
brief report.

As I've mentioned, we moved last
year - sold the house  - downsized
to a nice little apartment - and I
brought my weights with me.

I train out in the driveway, using
some thick rubber stall mats for
a lifting platform.

When it rains, I do squats in the
basement.

I do Olympic lifting now, so my
workouts are 100% OL.

Training should be fun. Do the things that you enjoy doing.


Why?

Because it's a good workout - and
because I like doing it. At age 60,
after 50-plus years of training, I
get to do things that I like when I
train.

That's a very important point for
older Dinos.

Find things you enjoy. You're
much more likely to stick with
it if you do things you enjoy.

I try to train 3x a week, alternating
snatch workouts and clean and
jerk workouts. Sometimes, LIFE
gets in the way and I can only
train twice a week. Both work
fine.

It doesn't have to be fancy to be effective.


If time and energy permit, the
snatch workout looks like this:

1. 10 - 15 min warm-up

2. Power snatches

3. Snatch high pulls

4. Back or front squats

5. Gut work or hyperextensions

The clean and jerk workout
looks like this:

1. 10 - 15 min warm-up

2. Power clean and jerk

3. Clean high pulls

4. Back or front squats

5. Gut work or hyperextensions

If I'm pressed for time, I do
less. No big deal. The point is,
get in the workout, even if it's
a shorter one.

Anyhow, that's what I've been
doing - and I'm having lots of
fun doing it.

Check out the photos and videos
on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/brooks_kubik/?hl=en

And if you're looking for more
workout ideas, and more training
tips, grab this:

Dinosaur Training Secrets, Vol. 1.
"Exercises, Workouts and Training
Programs"

Kindle e-book

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaursecrets01_kindle.html

Hard-copy

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_secrets_01.html

PDF - see the section for PDF courses on
our products page:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

As always, thanks for reading
and have a great day. If you
train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik


We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - head on over and take a look: