The Dinos Roar!


 
I train at home - alone - in large part because I don't like the "advice" from gym members at a commercial gym.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

As you might expect, there was a
ton of feedback to yesterday's email
about the guy who told me I was
"too old to do Olympic lifting" and
I should "stick to bodybuilding."

Here's what some of you had to
say:

GOING STRONG AT 59

I agree 100%.

These days, I focus purely on
athletic lifting because at my age
(59) I need that more than ever.

My preferred tools are double,
heavy kettlebells, and I focus
mostly on quick lifts for this
reason.

Studies have shown that Olympic
lifting, more than any other type
of strength training, carries over
into all other activities - therefore,
it makes perfect sense to do it
as we age.

Ruiseart Alcorn

Learn what to do and how to do it - and then do it - and don't listen to anyone who tells you that you're "too old" to do it.


MORE ADVICE FROM THE
PEANUT BRIGADE

Recently, I was lifting at a
commercial gym, doing squats
and deadlifts at my 1RM super-
setted for 5 reps each to focus
a little more on conditioning.

A younger guy approached me.
and said:

"Those two lifts are too intense
to put together - don't do that!"

I said, "Thanks for the advice" -
and continued to do what I was
doing.

I watched him go back to his
bench and struggle to bench
press 135 pounds - with wrist
wraps.

Dustin Jones

Training under the stars at Dino Headquarters.

AGE IS ONLY A NUMBER!

Great response, Brooks. Age
is only a number! It's a shame
that so many people don't get
that.

I didn't start strength training
until I was 50 years old. Now I
am 55 and I wish I had discovered
this type of training sooner.

Thanks for all your knowledge
and inspiration!

Fred Fenn

MORE TO COME

We have more feedback from the
Dinos, and I'll share it in another
email tonight or tomorrow. Be
looking for it!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

Having fun with Dino-style dumbbell training - and yes, that's 151 pounds on the dumbbell. This is another one the Peanut Brigade doesn't like.

P.S. Dinosaur Dumbbell Training is
great for Dinos of all ages - and it's
perfect for home gym workouts:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

P.S. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "When
you walk in the woods, you don't
keep jumping on and off the trail."
- Brooks Kubik


Do you have the latest issue of the Dinosaur Files strength training journal? You can grab it right here - along with more than 25 other Dinosaur training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore:

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html



Dinosaur Training books and courses on Kindle - go here to grab them:

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html