What's Your Favorite Piece of Training Equipment?

The garage gym at our old house was probably my best gym ever. If this were all the equipment I had, I'd be darn happy. (The squat stands are off to the side - out of the frame. Squat stands are always a good thing.)    


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We'll talk iron in just a minute, but first
of all, let me cover two quick updates.

1. Brooks Kubik's Old-School
Strength Q and A, Vol. 1


We launched a great little book on
Kindle a few weeks ago. It's a series
of training questions from readers -
with my answers to them.

This is just like sitting down and
having a good talk about training -
a talk where you could ask me
anything and everything, and
I'd tell you.

This is vol. 1 in a new series - and,
guess what - I'm almost done with
vol. 2! I think they're going to be a
very good resource for you.

You can find the little monster right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html

2. The Dinosaur Strength Training
Notebook, Vol. 1

This is another new release on
Kindle. It's a collection of training
tips, ideas, thoughts, commentary,
workouts, advice, suggestions,
stories, iron game history and
all-around fun stuff for Iron
Slingers.

This also is vol. 1 in a series of
volumes - and it's going to give
you a huge amount of training
information.

Go here to grab the first volume
on Kindle:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurnotebook001.html

3. What's Your Single Favorite Piece of
Training Equipment?

The "What's your favorite exercise?" question
is a popular one at discussion boards, but
here's another fun question:

"What's your single favorite piece of training
equipment?"

Meaning, if you were stuck on a desert island
somewhere (think Tom Hanks in Castaway),
what's the one piece of equipment you would
want the most?

For me, it would be a plate-loading barbell --
although in keeping with the desert island
theme, I can see the merit of an old globe
barbell that you could fill with sand.

No, on second thought, I'll stick to the plate
loading barbell. Faster and easier to change
the weight.

Other people might have different ideas. I
imagine that some Dinos would like a Trap
Bar more than anything else -- or a pair of
adjustable dumbbells -- or a pair of
kettlebells. (I think a pair of dumbbells
or kettlebells counts as one item.)

And I suppose we could change the question
and let you choose your TWO favorite pieces
of training equipment -- or even your THREE
favorite pieces of equipment.

If you had THREE choices, what would they
be?

For me, it would be:

1. Olympic barbell and bumper
plates


a. Actually, if you were on a desert
island, iron plates would work as
well as bumper plates.

b. Especially if you trained in the sand.

2. Adjustable squat stands or a
power
rack

a. Of course, you could always rig
something up with trees, branches,
and rope (or vines) if you were on
a desert island.

3. Lifting platform

a. Again, if you trained out on a sandy
beach, this might not be necessary.

Of course, I focus on Olympic lifting now,
so my choices reflect that. If I were doing
powerlifting or basic strength and power
training, I'd choose a barbell, power rack
and a bench.

What would you choose?

Shoot me an email, and let me know! I'll
share the answers in a future email.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of
Strength
and Development is 21 years
old this year -- and it's still going strong.
If you don't have a copy, grab one now:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

2.  My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Wherever
you
train, and whatever equipment
you use,
make the most of it."
-- Brooks Kubik



If you enjoyed this Blog post, you'll love my Dinosaur Training books and courses. You can get them in PDF and hard-copy editions at my website or in Kindle editions at Amazon. 

For a complete list of my Kindle books, go here: http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html